Monday, May 7, 2012

Wood wall decor

 I love making decor that doesnt cost a thing! I needed a little something next to my front door. So with wood left over from my Headboard project and left over fabric I came up with this:

1. Cut wood all the same length (i didn't cut them all exactly the because I like the imperfect look)
2. staple together (or glue, your choice)
3. I stapled on both sides because I wanted it to look more rustic.
4. make sure if glued it is dry or if you have not stained the wood go ahead now.
5. attach some sort of claw hook to the back for hanging.
6. add your fabric flower
7. add buttons if you want
8. trim any excess fabric if needed

And there you have it! Super simple and it adds so much character to my front room!! hope you enjoyed this post! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, This is so great!! I have scraps of fabric and wood--I could do this!!! I am a new follower, I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime:)

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will definitely stop by yours!! if you ever want to do a sponsor swap let me know! I would love to do it with ya!

      Delete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips