I don't know about you but I get so excited when I have FRESH herbs at my fingertips. I love having an indoor herb garden and I thought I would share with you how to make one! It is VERY inexpensive.
BTW It would make an amazing mothers day gift or a birthday gift! Here we go....
1. I had some extra wood pieces laying around from another project I did so, I used
- 1x4 (for the long sides) and cut 2 long pieces like over 1 foot (not exactly sure, but cut to whatever size you want.)
- 1x4 (short sides) cut 6 inches long
- 1-1x6 (for the bottom) cut the same as the 2 long pieces.
(check out step 6 in the picture, hopefully the sizes will make more sense)
2. paint the color of choice
3. while paint is drying move onto your glass jars (which I got from the dollar store..SCORE!!)
4/5. cut your burlap into 3 to 4 inch strips and hot glue gun the ends of the burlap onto the glass add twine if you want (I did its way cute, wrapped it around the burlap 3 times, as seen in last picture)
6. After paint is dry you can glue pieces together with gorilla glue or any tough glue OR you can use a brad nailor to get the job done which is what I did (sorry no picture of me in the action) :)
7. after paint is dry let distress it and make it look PuRdy!!
8. add a handle or knobs if you want and.... SO RUSTIC!! LOVE IT!!
now for the herbs:
1. Buy the potting soil (got mine at walmart for around $5) and herbs (about $3.50 a piece)
2. place rocks at the bottom of the jar for soaking the soil if I accidentally overwatered, especially because it has no draining holes.
3. place all your herbs in the little homemade box
4. I cut out tiny pieces of paper and wrote what herb it was and then glued it to a Popsicle stick, just to give it a little something extra!
Hope you enjoyed this post! SHARE THE LOVE!!! xoxo