Now I am no expert when it comes to food. I am definately not a nutritionst or anything like that, I am just a SAHM who likes to cook! So I am not saying "it is by far the healthiest thing you could EVER eat" no, I am just saying for all the ingredients I feel that it is a very healthy soup! Ok so here we go:
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 or 3 Garlic cloves chopped (i like it pretty garlic tasting i usually add more!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 3 or 4 red potatoes (optional)
- 2 tsp of better than bouillon (add water as directed) or 2 cans of chicken broth
- 1 & 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 2 Cups of broccoli (chopped or cut up, your preference of chunkyness)
- 1/4 cup parmessan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot add your olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Let saute for about 4 to 5 min
- add flour into sauted ingredients and stir until smooth add salt and pepper ( i also add a little garlic seasoning)
- add chicken broth or the better than bouillon with the water
- add milk
- add potatoes (again optional) and brocolli
- Let sit over medium heat until potatoes and broccoli are soft
- add parmessan cheese
I like to take half of the soup and blend it in my blendtec ( a couple pulses) and then add it back in. Makes it a little thicker!
I hope your family loves it as much as mine does! I get my kids to eat those veggies with out blinking an eye!