Hey everyone hope you are having a wonderful Friday! I am finally able to sit down and blog a little bit more. I forget how busy the summer gets, and now that my kids are getting older I find myself ruinning double errands, cleaning my house more than twice a day etc. I am sure a lot of you SAHM now what I am talking about! So anyways it is good to be back blogging more than once a month! Ha ha Alright lets get to it.. I wanted to share with you my new headband organizer. I have seen so many adorable ones on pinterest and new I had to make one myself. It really is a super easy project and ends up to be SUPER ADORABLE!!
ok the materials needed for this project are:
- empty armorall plastic container or an oatmeal container. Either one works
- candlestick ($1 store or D.I. I had one lying around the house)
- glue gun
- spray paint (optional)
So let me show you step by step:
- Spray your candlestick color of choice. I used Krylons catalina mist, I am obsessed with this color right now!
- Find your container and clean it out.
- Cut your burlap to size and wrap it around container gluing the edges. I had my fabric 2 1/2 inches longer on top and left the bottom part clean of no fabric (you'll understand why in step 8)
- Fold in edges.
- Glue any loose ends.
- Add a button or flower or any embeleshment to the top to make it come together nicely.
- Grab your painted candlestick. If you want to make it look worn use sandpaper and make it a little rough around the edges.
- So as I mentioned in step 3 to leave bottom part free of fabric is so that you can glue the container on top of the candlestick and let dry. It would be much harder to adhear with fabric on the bottom. (Make sense :) (for the glue I used gorilla glue)
- TADA you have a cute headband organizer and it makes a cute decor piece for the little ones bathroom!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS POST! AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!
**** DONT FORGET TO ENTER THE CUSTOM CARDS GIVEAWAY!! ENDS ON THE 10TH GO HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!!