As you know I have had my struggle with my weight (if you haven't read my post about weight loss go HERE!) I am a sugar freak, I could eat any treat in my path back in the day. Now I try to eat "healthy" treats. I LOVE popcorn and better than that I love Kettle corn. Here is the healthier way to have delicious kettle corn...
1. Ok you need Pop corn kernels, Stevia in the raw or xilytol, (I get stevia in the raw at Walmart) salt ( I prefer sea salt but I didn't have any at the time) and sunflower oil or Olive oil. The reason I use sunflower oil is because it does not burn as easily as olive oil.
2. Pour about 1/4 cup of sunflower or olive oil in the pan. add 2 or 3 popcorn kernels and cover with lid. (TRUST ME IF YOU ADD THEM ALL AT ONCE THEY WILL BURN SO JUST ADD 2 or 3 FIRST)
3. as soon as the 3 kernels pop add the rest of the kernels which is about 3/4 cup, then add stevia (1/4 to 1/2 cup) and salt (1 or 2 tablespoons) then cover with lid.
(HONESTLY JUST ADD TO YOUR LIKING, I NORMALLY DON'T MEASURE)
4. constantly shake the pan so no burning happens :)
5. as soon as you don't hear any more popping pour popcorn directly into a glass or metal bowl. let cool, then enjoy!
My kids eat it up they LOVE it! and I am glad it is not covered in butter or sugar or all the bad stuff!
The first couple times I made this I did burn it a little so be careful and keep the heat on medium!
Hope it works out for you!